TERMS AND CONDITIONS – DESIGN A SCAMP & DUDE SUPERHERO CHARACTER WITH SPECIAL POWERS THAT HELP OTHERS
2. Although parents are welcome to join in the fun, the artwork must be drawn by the child entering The entries are to be designed by children who are aged between 5 and 13 inclusive during the competition period and resident in the EU, excluding employees of the Promoter, their families, agencies and anyone to whom they are professionally connected. All entries must be submitted by the child’s parent or legal guardian who will provide consent to enter and will provide all relevant personal details. Proof of age may be required for the child.
3. As entrants of this competition are minors the parent/legal guardian who enters on their behalf in accordance with paragraph 2 agrees to guarantee the child’s adherence to the terms and conditions hereunder.
4. To enter the competition, anytime between 21st March and 6th April 2020 entrants must create and colour a Scamp & Dude Superhero character, it can be any animal, please tell us how your Superhero character helps others. The winner will be announced on 1 May 2020.
5. Entrants will need to submit their design by sending a picture or scan of their Superhero character to [email protected] and include name, age of the entrant, confirmation of reading t’s & c’s and how their Superhero helps others.
6. The design can be created using any type of medium including but not limited to coloured pencil, crayon, paints or digital production, paint etc, however, all designs must be the artists own original creation and use of photographs or other images in which others may possess intellectual property rights is not permitted.
7. For the purpose of producing a good quality print, your artwork will be brought to life by one of our computer wizards and our Superpower Button (embroidered lightning bolt) and slogan ‘a Superhero has my back’ will be added
8. No purchase is necessary to enter this competition
9. There will be one prize winner in total who will have their design printed on to a Scamp & Dude kids t-shirt that will be sold as a limited edition range online at scampanddude.com and Scamp & Dude shop in Highgate until the range is sold out or removed by the Promoter for any reason. For the avoidance of doubt, the Promoter reserves the right to make alterations to the winning design(s).
10. The winner will receive one free t-shirt in their chosen children’s size
11. Non-winning entries that we love may also be shown on our Scamp & Dude Instagram and Facebook channels
12. By entering this competition, you give Scamp & Dude the right to print & sell the finished product on scampanddude.com and in our Highgate shop.
13. All profits from the sale of the t-shirts will go to a registered charity – still tbc, not to the prize winner
14. Despite entries being submitted by a parent/legal guardian, all rights to the prize remain with the child
15. The winners will be selected by the Promoter from all correctly completed and submitted entries within 21 days of the closing date and the Promoter will notify the winner by telephone or email within 28 days of the closing date.
16. The Promoter’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. The prize is non-transferable, and no cash alternative will be given.
18. Any entries not meeting the above criteria shall be invalid. The Promoter will not be liable for any entries which are not received for any reason.
19. The winners and their parent/legal guardian agree not to sell, offer to sell or use the prize for any commercial or promotional purpose (including, without limitation, placing the prize on an internet auction site).
20. By entering into the competition, you and your parent/legal guardian acknowledge and agree that all rights in the ownership of copyright in your design and any products created using your design (individually and collectively the “Design”) shall vest in the Promoter. As such, you and your parent/legal guardian hereby assign to the Promoter all past, present and future copyright (including by way of present assignment of future rights) and all other rights (including all intellectual property rights and all rights of syndication) in the Design, throughout the World in perpetuity. Further, to the extent that the benefit of such rights cannot be assigned under applicable law, then you and your parent/legal guardian acknowledge that such rights are held and exercisable for the sole benefit of the Promoter and you and your parent/legal guardian hereby waive and undertake not to assert any and all so-called “moral rights” to the same. You and your parent or legal guardian agree to enter into all future agreements that the Promoter may require in relation to the creation of the T-shirts (including but not limited to the assignment of intellectual property rights) and neither you nor your parent or legal guardian may advertise or disclose your design to any person until such time as the final T-shirt has gone on sale.
21. By entering, you and your parent/legal guardian agree that if you are chosen as a prize winner you and your parent/legal guardian will allow the Promoter to use your name, and photograph if needed for promotional purposes
22. The Promoter will only use the information which you or your parent/legal guardian provide or which it obtains from its dealings with you or your parent/legal guardian, to administer the competition.
23. The Promoter reserves the right to change, alter or withdraw the competition at any time.
24. These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute arising is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.